Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter weekend

We had a wonderful Easter weekend! One of my best friends from High School is visiting from MA for a week. She is expecting her first baby so we had a baby shower for her and her husband on Saturday. She is almost 5 months and you could barely tell she was pregnant! Tall people are lucky. We had a fun day and it was great to spend some time with all her CA friends. They are not going to find out the gender of the baby so I picked out some fun colors and made a baby hat and my first ever baby bib for them.


Amber (the Mom-to-be) and I



Then we had to get ready for Easter! Can you believe Ryan had NEVER colored an Easter egg before?!? We decided to wait until next year to let Shane help with the eggs, but Ryan and I sure had fun doing them!





After we had breakfast on Easter morning, Shane caught a glimpse of an egg out in the backyard and got soooo excited!! I told him he had to wait for Daddy to get up before he could go outside and he ran straight to Ryan yelling "Daddy, up up...side, eggs!" He says "side" for outside. It was so cute!

I kept him entertained for a while by giving him his Easter presents. We did a wagon instead of a basket this year. He loved it! He was so excited to see sand toys in there that he almost forgot about looking for eggs.






Then Daddy gave him his first ever piece of chocolate.
Of course he LOVED it!




Then it was time to look for eggs!






The first couple of eggs he found had toy cars inside of them and he just had to have them right then and there. He insisted on holding them while trying to pick up the rest of the eggs. It was pretty funny to watch how determined he was!



Then he sat down to take a break. Finding eggs is hard work!





My Mom, Ryan's Mom and Step-Dad and my Uncle all showed up towards the end of the egg hunt. Shane finally gave the cars to Grandpa Warren so that he could get to the candy in the other eggs he'd found. Then we BBQ'd tri-tips for lunch with this awesome marinade my boss told me about and the grandparents all got to hang out with baby Shane for the afternoon. It was a lovely day :D



3 comments:

Tania said...

Love how your bib and hat came out, so cute! Looks like Shane had tons of fun!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

That is great! I have to get that book you recommended, your work rocks.

Cristi said...

that's so cool about amber!!!