Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Weekend

Ryan and I had a nice night out on Valentine's Day. I made dinner for us at home and it turned out great! If anyone is interested in a VERY easy and delicious crock pot recipe, click here! I added potatoes and carrots half way through and it turned out really good. Grandma was nice enough to watch Shane for the night so we then went out for drinks. We were supposed to meet up with a few of our friends for drinks, but no one ended up meeting us. Most everyone knows that Ryan does not drink, so it then turned into a night of me drinking A LOT by myself (and paying for it the next day...or two), but we really had a good time. It was nice to go out just as a couple.



Nothing got done on Sunday since I was recovering from my fun night out, but on Monday we had a play date at Jack and Jill's in Petaluma. It was such a cute place and the kids had soo much fun! I wish it was closer since that is at least a half an hour drive for us, but it was worth it. Shane had 7-8 little friends there, but the place was packed by 10:30am. They even had a waiting list going. It was really fun to see the kids interact with one another and to see which things they liked to do. Of course Shane was mostly glued to the train table, but he liked the pretend kitchens too.


Having fun at the train table

Learning to share with Lennon

Playing with his best buddy Dakota

Sitting like big kids for snack time

Shane kept smiling at Mady :)

Little Lulu is just too cute!


I never got around to posting my pictures from wine tasting last week. Ryan was our sober driver and we went to about 6 wineries in and around Healdsburg. FUN! My neighbor Chris is moving back to New York in less than two weeks so we just had to plan one more tasting before she left. I'm really going to miss her!!


The whole gang at Alder Brook

Who doesn't love fun hats and wine?!?

Great Pinot at La Crema

Gorgeous views at Ferrari-Carano

Freezing our butts off at J. Rickards

1 comment:

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Wow! Great pics! Everything looks and sounds so fun!!

I was totally thinking of you this morning and wondering how the playdate went. Glad to hear it was a HIT!

Going to check the recipe... ;-)