Sunday, July 26, 2009

River Trip!

I was determined to get out to the river to use those cool new tubes we used up at Pillsbury and was finally able to fit it in this past weekend between my two vacations. We have a nice spot in Healdsburg that we go to...it's a pain to get all of our stuff down there (thank goodness for Jackie and Del to help me!), but once we are there it's perfect! Most of it is really shallow so Shane has a great time playing and I don't have to worry about him too much. He mostly hung out right by shore and played with rocks.







I love this cute face with his hat!






At one point Jackie and Del crossed the river to go for a walk and Shane just started heading out into the water to follow them! He is usually real worried about walking out and always wants to hold my hand or have me pick him up. He wasn't even discouraged when the water reached his chest, which is the farthest he's ever ventured out on his own before! Maybe it was because the water was so clear and warm. Look at my brave boy!



I decided if he really wanted to go that deep I would have to put the camera down and get his life jacket. He still walked out just as deep and even let me pull him around like he was swimming and kicking his feet. He even experimented with floating on his back and putting his feet back down. I was very proud of him because he has never let us do that with him before!! We had such a great time and we are going to try to fit in another trip next weekend in between going to the fair and starting our week long vacation to visit both my brothers and nieces! FUN FUN FUN before the summer is over!!!

3 comments:

The DeShazers said...

I need to find out exactly where you go. We have a couple of spots but one is REALLY hard to get to(but no one else is ever there)...and I can't imagine trying to get there with Grey! It looks like Shane was enjoying himself.

Becca said...

This looks like a great spot. So funny that Noah and Shane had there big "river break through" on the same day!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Dude! You were right around the corner. lol. Should have texted me. lol. I LOVE the Healdsburg beach. That's where we had William's 3rd birthday.