Saturday, October 6, 2007

He's finally here!

Shane Lee Siliznoff
Thursday, October 4th, 1:58am
6 lbs 15 oz, 20 inches


It was a very long 28 hours after my water initially broke before we were able to meet our little guy! My contractions were coming along slowly so after 12 hours I was started on Pitocin to help move things along. Another 6 hours later I was in a LOT of pain and still only dilated to 2.5 cm so they decided to give me an epidural. Contractions were a piece of cake after that! I can't imagine how things would have progressed without the epidural! It still took another 8 hours before I was fully dilated, but luckily I was feeling no pain during that time. Then it was 2 hours of pushing and there he was! Ryan did great during the entire process, but when they finally put Shane on my belly he almost fainted! He was so overwhelmed, but he did great. It was amazing! Shane came out crying and instantly knew who his parents were. Within minutes he was acknowledging our voices and was wide eyed with curiosity. He had absolutely no problems and is a perfectly healthy little boy. We are truly blessed!

4 comments:

Tania Shaw said...

Congrats Jill!! I can't wait to meet your little guy, he's beautiful!

jessierose said...

Congratulations! He is absolutely gorgeous! Let me know if you guys need anything at all. smooches to your little guy!

Unknown said...

I told you he was going to be a cute baby! So glad everything went so well for you all!!

Unknown said...

Hi Jill,

Jen shared with me your wonderful news. Shane is adorable, and you look great too. Congratulations!

Sarah