Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Snow Day!

I took Shane to the snow for the very first time! We bought all his snow gear last year, but for many reasons we never made it up to the snow. With the crazy weather and our busy schedule I almost missed our chance again this year, but I was determined! We had a rough week with Ryan's best friend passing away, but I really thought it would do us good to get out and do something fun. We went to Cisco Grove where they have a really cool tubing area, but this time Shane and I just played around in the snow. He got so excited when he caught his first glimpse of snow when we were driving. He kept saying, "I see SNOW Mommy!!" He could barely wait to get his gear on before he climbed the snow in the parking lot.


Then we had to climb up a long snow covered road to find a spot to sled and play. It wouldn't have been so bad except that poor Shane was having a really hard time moving in his snow gear and insisted I carried him after the first few minutes. Since it was just the two of us I had to carry him and the sled uphill in the snow. I sure got my workout that day! It was soo worth it though! We did all four things he wanted to do:

1. Make a snowman



2. Go sledding
(he refused to wear his sunglasses even though it was super sunny)



3. Throw snowballs at Mommy (his favorite part!)



4. Make snow angels



We really wished Daddy could have come too, but we understood. It meant for a lot of pictures like this though:


A nice lady did offer to take a video of us sledding down together and it made Shane very happy! We hoped to go their again the next weekend, but we found out that was the last weekend the tubing area was open. At least we know of a great spot to go to next year!!



2 comments:

The DeShazers said...

How fun! It looks like he really enjoyed playing in the snow :) I want to go there next year!!

Jill said...

Group snow trip for sure!! The boys will love to go tubing together :)