Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Princess and the Frog

Today I took Shane to see his very first movie in the theater! I was not sure how he would react because it is so hard for him to sit still, but he has been very into movies lately and I thought it would be a fun experiment while I was on vacation. We talked about it for a couple of days and he was really excited when we would see the commercials for this movie.

Honestly, I expected to be there for 40 minutes or so at the most before he decided to cause a scene...but I got him the kids pack with popcorn, M&Ms and Sprite and he was in heaven! He would ask me the color of every M&M before he hate it, but he managed to be pretty quiet about it. He was very excited during the previews and wanted to know what would be coming next.

He wanted to sit in a seat, "All by myself!" but he is so tiny that it kept folding up on him! I had to hold it down with my leg, but in a way that he wouldn't notice I was "helping." The characters were fun and he loved all the music. He especially loved the "scary guy."

After about an hour he started getting restless and said he wanted to go back in Mommy's car, but I convinced him to stick it out a little longer and we ended up making it until the end of the movie! I was so proud of him! Of course he keeps asking to go back to the "movie store" to see the froggies. He did great, but I'm not pushing my luck :)

1 comment:

Cristi said...

yeah, my kids get restless during movies too and I give them lots of junk! :) that was a cute movie!