Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Rock Star

Shane and I spent last weekend in Ukiah visiting with family. My cousins were out here from the East Coast (Brett goes to the Berklee School of Music in Boston and Kyle goes to NYU) for their "2008 West Coast Tour." They are part of an awesome New York jazz quartet started by my cousin Kyle Hughes and beautiful vocalist Jennifer Tullock called The Punch and Judy Band. They had a gig at the Ukiah Brewing Company on Friday night and my Aunt arranged for a babysitter for Shane. It was the VERY FIRST TIME Shane has ever been left with anyone other than my best girls or Grandma and even then I usually put him to bed. It was a little nerve wracking for me, but other than a minor meltdown at bathtime he was just fine. Thanks to Molly who was super sweet and Shane took to her right away. The band was great and I wish them all the best with the rest of their West Coast appearances.

Click here to check out The Punch and Judy Band


(Brett-drums, Jennifer-vocals, Adam-bass, Kyle-guitar/vocals)


We stayed the night and my cousins made us breakfast the next morning before taking a little dip in the neighbors pool. Shane wasn't too sure about it, but he had fun with the boys.

Hanging out with Kyle


Practicing his surfing skills


This is the "Yes, I know I'm cute" look



Then we went over to my Uncle's house to visit for a while and Shane got his first music lesson! Both of my cousins are so talented and I was hoping some of their artistic skills would rub off on him. Shane took to the drums right away. We might have a rock star on our hands! Check out this happy smile!!



Here is a little video of Brett helping Shane play the drums : )




It was 100 degrees in Ukiah, but it really didn't seem too hot. Shane had a great time playing in my Uncle's garden and I wish we wouldn't have had to leave so soon. We had a great time visiting with our family!

Walking across the grass


My happy little gardener

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun! He was really good on the drums...watch out world! I can't believe he will be 1 soon!!
Jen